Thread: Newt's thread
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 11:47 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Newt's thread

The wheel is the clear plastic Karlie wonderland wheel. I got it from Amazon.de last year as I couldn't find an 11" wheel that would fit in the holiday cage. It is slightly lower than the Trixie wheel. I like it (and so did Charlie and Newt does) but I wouldn't recommend it. It's hard to get hold of - and so expensive. And although it's ok at the moment, I had ordered two of the smaller version when I very nearly got a robo a few months ago! The wheels both arrived unattached from the stand - they are just glued on - and I think there is a risk the wheel could come unstuck from the stand. So it's only for minor use in the playpen where I can keep an eye on it. I got my money back for the two smaller ones though.

Yes that Skyline playpen is great! Much more escapeproof than my correx and bulldog clips one (that got binned when we moved after getting a bit manky).

Tonight is the night I try and get him out earlier - between 8 and 9pm. Last night I managed it by 10.30pm by tempting him into a tube with some cheese in, but he is difficult to find lol. He tunnels down in the Fitch inside his house.

When out earlier last night he was quite sleepy and just sat and washed. When I put him back about an hour later, he woke up and wanted to be active and come out! Sorry Newt I can't stay up till 1am! So I'm going to try and get him in the habit of coming out earlier.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote