View Single Post
Old 06-03-2017, 04:54 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Zylvan, another new man in my life!

It's been such a long time since I updated my shy boys thread!
Not a lot to report mostly, we were doing fine until I cleaned his wheel for the first time (had to be done, it was gross!) then I didn't see him for a week except when I got really worried about him & took the top of his house, called him & was rewarded by the tip of a little pink nose coming out, grabbing a treat then disappearing again
I never knew a hamster could sleep quite so much! At least he's so quiet I guess that's what he's doing most of the time, he gets up just after 10 usually then is back in bed by 4:30am, he was coming out again about 6ish & happy for a bit of interaction then but since it's been getting light so early he rarely comes back out until night so I don't see that much of him.
He's quite cheeky in the evenings, if I offer him a piece of nut he can't resist but any other treat & he gets out of his wheel, sniffs my hand then goes back to his run, as soon as I put the treat down he hops out & nabs it!
In the mornings he's so different, he'll run to the door & sit in my hand eating seeds quite happily so I'm really not so sure if he's shy or just lazy!
He did put in a rare appearance earlier today when he popped out for a spot of lunch
Of course I didn't have the camera to hand but I gave him a nice big piece of walnut & he went into his tunnel for a nibble so I managed to grab a shot & a vid before he came out again for a few seeds then disappeared back underground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH9qLwRRvGE
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote