View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 06:16 AM  
PocketRocket
Newborn Pup

Default Bobby - my new love.

Hello everyone! I've been absent for a while as life has been nonstop with work and uni.. but finally I've got some time to post. Anyway, just under a week ago I brought Bobby home (named by my sister) and as much as I love him I'm quite annoyed with the service I received at Pets at Home. After reading about how their hamsters are breed etc. I decided to adopt as my local pet shop didn't have any hamsters in stock and weren't sure when they would. Basically, I rang the store beforehand who told me that they had two hamsters up for adoption but one was in the back. I chose the one from the back (Bobby) but when we got to the till they asked for the money as if I was buying a shop front hamster.. when I asked them about it they said 'oh no, he's not up for adoption. He wasn't brought back, he was just one that we had to move to the back to avoid fighting with a new litter.' I was so annoyed! The whole reason I wanted to adopt was to avoid paying into their hamster breeding. Anyway, I had no idea how long he'd been in the back and neither did the shop assistant so I made a decision to bring him home. He was housed in a tiny cage with some sawdust, a food bowl and a water bottle and I had no idea how long he'd lived like that. Bobby is very friendly, slightly move timid than Rocket but still enjoys being handled.. oh and he's found a new love in his life.. a wheel!

[IMG][/IMG]
PocketRocket is offline   Reply With Quote