View Single Post
Old 06-01-2017, 08:32 AM  
FelicityAnn
Hamster Pup

Default Re: How long doe your hammie run in its wheel at night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
I have no idea lol. The wheel is silent! I think they do tend to stop and mooch around and groom sometimes, and Charlie used to have a long nap in the early hours then get up again. It might depend how much else there is to do in the cage. What cage is she in?
She has two houses, a half coconut, three bendy bridge hideouts, a platform with a bridge to her deep substrate area, another long bendy bridge as a viewing platform (for her) at the front near the mesh, a 'preening' house, a sand bath and a honey & seed chew on her mesh.

She's in the two large transparent storage bins, connected by a 9" sewer pipe. I found this in the Syrian Car Guide pdf that Drago kindly links to:

" Floor space is defined as the set amount of space a hamster can run around in without having to slow down or change motions"

With the 9" sewer pipe she doesn't even notice. She goes straight through, the same as under the large bendy bridges. Doesn't duck, doesn't stop either.

She checks everything out every time she wakes up, but it's during her night-time excursion, when the red light is on, that she runs, and runs, and runs.