Thread: Hair Loss
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 01:01 PM  
nanaliveshere
Newborn Pup

Default Hair Loss

Hello everybody! this is my first post in the community and I'm glad I finally found one that has lots of activity
I have a syrian hamster called nana, she is around 1 year/ year and a half (we dont know for sure, when we adopted her they told us she was about 10months or so) and she's been with us since september 2016.
She is playful and likes to be outside, we started giving her pets at home food (thats the one she was eating when she came) and eventually changed to Nature's touch. I also give her pepper, spinach, rocket or cucumber most of the days.
I was looking at her today and I thought her hair looked funny, like messy and like she didn't had so much, and I remembered that a couple weeks ago I thought the same thing but my boyfriend said she looked fine.
I cleaned the cage this week and didn't see any hair laying around but I'm pretty convinced that she has less hair now.
She is still going around in the ball and runs at night, but I did notice she is not liking the food so much, only the fresh one.
I was wondering if, before taking her to the vet, can anyone advice me or tell if I'm being paranoid? this is only my second hamster and the first one was sick many times so I'm a bit paranoid after all
I have some pictures but I dont know why the forum doesn't let me upload them

Thank you for all your help!
nanaliveshere is offline   Reply With Quote