View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 02:04 PM  
MajesticMango

Unhappy Bleeding Growth on Leg?

I'm Mango and I am new to this Forum so bear with me .

My brother currently owns a hamster, and just a disclaimer; I don't know much about hamsters, and I am the one making this now because he is a good deal younger than me and he feels that I can communicate the problem better than he can, so here I am.

The hamster is a winter white mix adopted from a local shelter. Her name is Vanilla Bean but for short we call her Bean. She is now approaching her 3rd year of living so she is a bit old. She has a very large cage, about 1,200 square inches.

Today we took her out for some floor time, and while handling her my brother came up with a horrifying discovery. She had what looks like a pea sized growth on her leg, and it had dried blood on it. It resembled a ulcer. However, the injury did not seem to bother her as she was running around with no problem. I don't know how to upload pictures so unfortunately I can't show you the actual growth. We immediately scheduled a visit to the vet.

Please help! My brother and I love her dearly and we would not like her to be in pain.
MajesticMango is offline   Reply With Quote