View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 01:35 PM  
Fluffagrams

Default Re: Matthew C. Nobria, Viscount Metallica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago View Post
What a sweet little guy! Does his mother live in your hamstery? If not, I wonder what she thought of him. There was a study conducted which showed hamsters (including the solitary Syrians and chineseys) remember all other hamsters they've encountered and will either approach aggressively or a little more passively depending upon their past experiences with them
Victoria is Matthew's mother (although you wouldn't think it to look at her - she's tiny) and she's mine but Matthew's father was a loan hamster from Vectis and returned to Vectis when Matthew was two weeks old.

I vaguely remember reading something which suggested that hamsters will recognise hamsters that are known to them, can tell their gender and whether they're related although I don't know how much truth their is in it. I notice thought that if I've got James in my hand and Victoria is out and about in her cage, she'll react differently to him than she would with Matthew.

Jess in particular will often behave differently if I've brought a new hamster into the hamster room. She's never been an only hamster and has always lived in close proximity to other hamsters so I guess she must be able to tell that there's another hamster that she's not 'encountered' before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisPasha View Post
Aww Matthew such a handsome boy, I wonder if you will get a wife one day

Love your new sig Fluffagrams
Thanks. It'll have to be changed when DP gets her actual name but that's easily easily done.

Although the original plan will be for James to be paired with Luna and DP, I'll use Matthew if James doesn't oblige although ideally I want to keep Matthew on the show team whilst he's doing well.