View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 07:02 AM  
Angelthehamster
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Hamster Treats??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago View Post
I'd say for a species like a robo or Syrian, they might be okay. However, for a diabetes prone species, I'd use a healthier treat option. They're pretty sugary tasting (yes I did try them ) despite being made only of apricot, banana, and strawberry. It would be more worthwhile to feed the real fruit versions of these where you know all the sugars and such that go into it. You can also offer various vegetables, pastas/rice, and assorted nuts. I may be biased though as I'm not a fan of commercial treats. I've always found them unhealthy, especially when you have more natural options available. The only commercial treat I really like, would be the oxbow simple rewards. I share this with my rabbit, gerbils, and all my hamsters and it's a huge hit all around. Plus, it's all natural and doesn't usually have too many sugars (depending upon which flavoring you buy). Good luck with finding treats
YOu say that the Oxbow Simple Rewards you use, which type of treat would you recommend? Like the veggie one?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Angelthehamster is offline   Reply With Quote