View Single Post
Old 05-17-2017, 02:32 AM  
KarlieD
Newborn Pup

Default Re: New, 16 hamsters and counting(unintentionally), a few questions!

Thanks guys,
Unfortunately I hadn't realised about the multi-level cages not being great for pairs or groups before we bought it - it could be a nice home for a single hamster though if needed.
Could I put the boys and dad into a bigger single-level cage that's new to all of them all as a way of reintroducing them?
Or would we be better off keeping him on his own?
I know it's hard for you guys to tell without knowing his personality etc! Dad has always been the more friendly and outgoing of the two and would come out to be fed and stroked. When I put my fingers in he does sometimes nibble on them but I wonder if he mistakes me for food as I usually have been handling food and also have oval long nails that resemble sunflower seeds!! He was a great dad and did lots of work bringing bedding and food to the nest and would sleep outside with some of the pups when they got older. However before we took him out from the cage my stepdaughter said he seemed to be fighting with some of the pups, that there was squeaking - but I didn't see this behaviour myself to describe it to you!
Thanks again for all the advice - I'm going to put an ad up here as you suggested. Technically we are in Europe and not in the U.K. but it might be the most logical place to put the ad!
I've attached some pics of the dad taken on 22nd and 31st March so you can see how white he was! I haven't any pics of him in his current coat yet but I'll get some.
I'm calling them dad and mam here because even though we thought they were both boys they were given a boy and a girl's name, and then it turned out that they were actually the opposite genders to their names, so it can be confusing!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2132.JPG (2.60 MB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1292.JPG (979.8 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2159.JPG (2.58 MB, 23 views)
KarlieD is offline   Reply With Quote