View Single Post
Old 05-14-2017, 08:47 PM  
Crystalroborovski
Senior Hamster

Question Reddish skin behind his ear?

I was watching Key Lime tonight and I noticed he has a small patch of red skin behind his left ear. I don't think any fur is missing though. He seems to be scratching/grooming himself more than usual as well, but I only noticed this after I separated the boys. I don't see any bugs like mites in his cage. I haven't used any new substrate or put any new toys in, except for a piece of grapewood I put in a couple of days ago. I froze it for a a few days when I bought it though. Key Lime doesn't have any flakey or cracked skin as far as I can see. I did get a bag of Hazel hamster and I've started changing both boys over to this gradually since yesterday. I froze the food for over 24 hours and let it thaw. I thought possibly there could have been bugs in the food but I don't see any. Maybe when Key Lime and Tangerine were fighting just before I separated them Tangerine scratched his ear or something? Other than that Key Lime is running on his wheel, eating and drinking normally. I wish I could get a closer look by picking him up but ever since I separated them he's been super skittish and is afraid of my hand. I'm not concerned over him or anything I just know red skin isn't a good thing.

❤️Mommy to Key Lime and Tangerine, my two fur babies❤️
Crystalroborovski is offline   Reply With Quote