View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 06:28 AM  
Burakki
Adult Hamster

Smile Martina the brave ball of fluff

Let me introduce Martina my gorgeous Syrian hamster!
She is an incredibly brave and smart little girl. She came from an incredible breeder who actually gave half of her apartment to her hamsters.
Right from the start she showed that she had an attitude. When we came to pick her up, she was sleeping in a tube, bits of golden fur sticking out the only indication that she was in there. When the breeder took her out and gave her to me, she gave me such a grumpy look, as if she was saying "Why did you wake me up, human?"
Marti refused to spend her first days in the new home hiding and not seeing anything. She immediately explored her whole cage and fell in love with her sand bath, which is still her favorite place. She quickly realized that humans around her mean no harm and started climbing onto my hand almost on the second day. She is an incredibly social fluffy ball of energy, and she always tries to be close to her humans. She eats when we eat even if her food has been served hours ago, she asks to be held when we are close, whenever she walks around in her ball, which she does with great expertise, she always comes back to the living room where we and her cage are. She would roll to us, check that we are still there and then roll away only to come back in a few minutes. She had chosen to move her nest to the observation room - a plastic transparent bubble connected to the cage by tubes, which she initially used as a place to come out to greet and sniff us. If there are guests in the room, she would stick out her nose and demand to be greeted by new people, to be able to sniff them too.
Overall, she is an incredible brave little fluffball that adores sunflower seeds and exploring new places.

She also has her instagram page now, so you can follow her for daily updates of her life: xo_marti_hamster
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 119f7e8a539a.jpg (19.9 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4275.JPG (16.3 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4302.JPG (349.9 KB, 62 views)

Mommy to Noir the antique book loving chinchilla
R.I.P. Prince Lemon - my fluffy baby. I’ll never forget you. 23.09.2017 - 17.05.2018
R.I.P. Martina - my golden Queen. You were amazing. 14.02.2017 - 24.01.2019
Burakki is offline   Reply With Quote