View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 01:28 AM  
Crystalroborovski
Senior Hamster

Exclamation Urgent: did I do the right thing?

So I woke up at 2:40 a.m. to hear a very loud squeaky-chatter noise. I thought it was just the boys' wheels, but I went over the to cage and the boys were fighting- bad. No claws or teeth but it was very voilent with a lot of loud squeaky-chattering. I layer back down in hopes that it was just a one time thing, but again they did the same major fighting. I thought "ok, if they do this again it's separation time." I don't know who was being the troublemaker, but something tells me it was Key Lime. Tangerine ran back into his burrow whenever Key Lime attacked him. Whenever Tangerine would try to come out of his burrow, Key Lime would just attack him again. I knew I couldn't sleep with this mess going on, so I moved one of the boys into their small travel cage (it's 180 sq. inches ) but I have a bigger bin which I will prepare tomorrow if they need permanent separation. Did I make the right decision, and can the boys ever be re-introduced? I feel a little bit better now that they're not in the same cage but also kind of sad that I had to separate them.

❤️Mommy to Key Lime and Tangerine, my two fur babies❤️
Crystalroborovski is offline   Reply With Quote