View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 09:49 PM  
Whiskee
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Good Night, Sweet Smokey Bear

I wanted to thank you all for your support and understanding. This hit me quite hard. I couldn't bear to type this until now, but what was so painful was that he laid on his stomach for 3 days until he died. He didn't seem in pain, but he couldn't move (or was too weak to?). I tried to give him water, but he only took it on day two from my finger, he was so weak. I felt that he was dying, and I felt that it would only add stress and trauma to bring him to the vet to be put to sleep. I wanted him to be able to die in his wonderful home.
So, I watched over him, told him how wonderful he was, and made sure he had warmth. I was here when he passed. 24 hours later I buried him out in the Garden with my previous hamster, Laydee. At first I felt relieved that he was free. But then the pain set in- not so much the pain that he has died, but such aching in my chest that he laid there for 3 days, unable to move. I have cried and cried and can't get the image out of my head. The heartache in my chest has been so intense. But I know I made the right choice, to let Smokey die at home. It just hurts!
Thank you, again. <3
Whiskee is offline   Reply With Quote