View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 09:50 PM  
emojimom
Hamster Pup

Default Re: All about Beatrix

Beatrix loves flax seed! I guess the container I have it in must make a specific sound because as soon as she heard me open it and shake some into my hand, she came to the side of the cage and investigated. She has been a bit more skittish today (I think her escape attempt has spooked her, but it has not deterred her!), but when she ate the flax seeds from my hand, she rested her little paws on my fingers. It was so precious. I had to catch her from escaping again tonight, because she's piled a bunch of bedding up so she can climb on top of her house to reach the edge of the bin. As long as the lid is on, she's not interested in attempting it, but as soon as it comes off, she's bent on leaving.

I found on a local B/S/T board someone selling a new in box Living World Green Eco large cage, which is huge (LxWxH: 46.6" x 30.9" x 21") and they are asking a very reasonable price for it. I guess they got it for some guinea pigs and then the guinea pigs died before they even had a chance to use it. The woman sounded pretty devastated when I called about it. But I can't get it until at least next week, because they're going out of town. Still, I am very excited about this. I'll need to do some work on the cage first (plastikote the bottom to make it easier to clean--what kind do I get? I thought I read somewhere not to get the spray kind? I've never used it before) and make a mesh lid, but that will be easy. I need to clear out the space for it in the room I'm keeping the hamsters, but this is my last week of the semester (I teach), so I will soon have a lot of free time. Or comparatively so.

So that is the Beatrix update. She is running away on her wheel right now, such an active girl, she is. And she just stopped! It's like she knows I'm typing about her!
emojimom is offline   Reply With Quote