View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 06:55 PM  
Drago
The Hamtologist

Default Re: Meet Koppiáge- my first ever non-Syrian

BP, Cypher, amityvillehams, AprilPearl, Thin Lizzy, Jennie F, & Hamsterita
Thank you! I really do adore her and just how fast she runs about. Duncan is lovely too obviously, but he mainly ambles around slowly and doesn't show too much interest in items in his cage, while Kopi loves just about anything I give her (except that she's not a big chewer) which I love. Glad the towel was a good idea, I didn't use a towel for the first few play sessions with my very first hamster (I also don't use it for photo shoots, but these are temporary) and then I decided to use them. I'm glad taming has been going well for me, I've given her a break as I want to go slowly. I'm going to start by only doing taming sessions 1-3 times a week and then slowly increasing it if she's responsive.

Crystalroborovski
Ah Amazon orders, always so exciting! I'm definitely looking forward to your natural cage. I love the looks of them

Flowerfairy
I adored reading about your robos on the 31 days of may thread. A shame they don't like to be handled, but robos are so fun to just observe that it somewhat makes up for it!

Kopi might be feeling a bit disappointed as she won't be my only non-Syrian for much longer. I've been toying with the idea of a chinesey for a few months now, and finally, was able to get it approved! This means I will be rescuing one as soon as a local shelter/rescue group has some available. Sort of odd I'll have less Syrians than other species considering the fact that I originally had the attitude that I'd never own another species lol, look how that went
Drago is offline   Reply With Quote