View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 03:31 PM  
chesca_27
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Larry-Jasper's thread

Don't know why I didn't see these replies but anyway. Thank you so much guys .

Had a bit of a bad time at volunteering today (one of the veterinary nurses really upset me) but luckily Jasper cheered me up with his beautiful self. Also having guinea pig cuddles, chocolate coated rice cakes and watching Friends (the show) helped.

I haven't had much time the last few days to play with Jasper, unfortunately (serves me right for leaving my homework to the last minute), but I had a quick cuddle with him this evening. I love watching him play and run, it's the cutest thing. He's surprisingly agile and manages to climb quite well on his toys and shelves.

He is still in his big travel cage (Pets At Home Large Wire cage). It's not ideal, but it's better than a lot of my other options. I do have it set up to provide maximum enrichment (space for toys and shelves) though, so that helps slightly. I think he will be going back to his normal cage next week, because my Dad is in Paris at the moment.

I'm going to start planning a proper natural themed cage for him, so I'm hopefully going to get some hemp bedding to mix with some Fitch, to make it look more natural. I also have some smooth stones that need sanitising to border a sand pit/wheel area. I plan to use a couple of other wooden toys and definitely my piece of cork wood to add to the theme. I guess I better start binge watching some hamster cage themes (HoppingHammy here I come ).

I guess I've rambled on a bit, but I feel like this an excellent place for me to just ramble about my life because I have no where else to put it (my friends don't really know about my 'secret' double life on Hamster Central and I don't think they'd really understand). I'm just so thankful for this forum and I've been so lucky to meet some wonderful, caring and supportive people.