View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 07:57 AM  
Crystalroborovski
Senior Hamster

Default Re: How often should I feed millet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
I wouldn't worry, they won't eat exclusively millet anyway & much as they love it they will get bored if given a lot of the same, I'd just keep doing what you are, the different millet sprays can be quite hard to find anyway although you might get lucky looking in the bird section at the pet store.
I'm sure they'll enjoy the mealworms when you get them, don't give too many though, one a day at most is plenty or one or two every few days, whichever works best for you.
Ok thanks cypher. You mentioned that I could find "different" millet sprays- by that do you mean flavored? A pet shop near me has orange flavored and berry flavored millet. For the orange- I know feeding oranges to hamsters is a no no. The ingredients in the orange millet is millet and orange oil. Would the oil still be bad? For the berry- the ingredients are millet and berry flavoring. I'm not sure what they mean by "berry flavoring," but there are no dyes or preservatives or things like that. So should I stay away from these flavored millet sprays or what? I know there are other treat options I just noticed you mentioned "different" and I wondered what you meant by that, and if the different sprays would be ok to feed.

❤️Mommy to Key Lime and Tangerine, my two fur babies❤️

Last edited by Crystalroborovski; 05-04-2017 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Typo
Crystalroborovski is offline   Reply With Quote