View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 07:07 AM  
nathalielouise
Newborn Pup

Default New Roborovskis!

Hey everyone!

I adopted two new dwarfs on Monday night, I'm 99% sure they're Roborovskis. My partner knew someone who was looking to rehome theirs, so we decided to take them on a bit of a spur-of-the-moment decision (I'd been thinking about getting a hamster or two for a while anyway so it wasn't without any thought)!

They're two boys, Sharon Nibbles and Naomi Small Animal (I really hope some people reading this watch RuPaul's Drag Race otherwise those names will just seem weird haha!). The person we got them from I don't think had been able to spend much time with them to be honest, they'd had them for about a month. The first days we got them home they were fighting quite a bit and it looked like it had the potential to turn pretty vicious, so we popped one in a different cage as I didn't want to take any chances leaving them together - as this was then they were still in the same cage they'd been living in together for a month, I figure any sort of territorial/dominance things should have been worked out by that point, so me being a terrible worrier didn't want to risk them hurting each other when I wasn't home to stop it. They both seem quite happy now having the place to themselves.

We've been pretty much leaving them alone for now, this is only their third full day here so needless to say I've not saw a huge amount of either of them, they're sleeping until pretty late and tending to spend most of their time out and about when the lights are off and we've gone to bed - from what I hear this is completely normal at first. I'm looking forward to starting to work on taming them and figuring out their personalities! I haven't had a hamster since I was about 10 (15 years or so ago) so this is exciting and all very new, I just can't get over how tiny they are! They don't even look like they're big enough to be real haha. My guinea pigs that I have are still babies, about 4 months old and one of them in particular is a really small pig, but they look like big huge beasts in comparison now!

Yeah so that's all, just thought I would do a wee introduction and hopefully get to chat with some of you more experienced owners, or other newbies like me! Hope everyone's having a lovely day so far!
nathalielouise is offline   Reply With Quote