View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 08:28 AM  
AdrianPops
Newborn Pup

Angry I can't get a hamster

Hello!

This is my first ever post on here and I do apologize if I haven't posted this where it should be. I've had two dwarf hamsters before when I was little, they were brothers and didn't fight. I took good care of them and they lived three happy years before passing away(probably of old age).

Now I miss them but sadly I can't persuade Mother to allow me to buy a hamster again. In fact, I've gone to the pet store just two days ago and when she found out what I've bought she told me to return them(I bought both a male and a female from the same enclosure) and get some dog food with the money. How selfish!

I've tried telling her everything, about how I'm prepared to be responsible and own a pet hamster, about how I have everything for a DIY cage, about how this entire project would be relatively cheap for my pockets. I told her how sociable and harmless hamsters are, how they can recognize their owner, etc.. I've presented her facts from my days of research but she just dismisses them as nonsense. She claims that 'I'm 17, it's not for me anymore' and it just annoys me.

I really need to start owning a hamster again. I've always dreamed of breeding them, and just having a ton of them roaming around in a -huge- cage built by myself. It'd kind of be like a hobby, but however one which Mother is against at. Any suggestions as to how I can persuade her?

Thank you in advance.
AdrianPops is offline   Reply With Quote