View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 02:39 PM  
Golden_Syrian_Hammmies
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Hamster Show advice

Show went well, really enjoyed doing show steward and learning the standards. A few people came but will take a while for word to spread and people to become more involved. Funny story: a day or two before the show it came to me that when I got my dwarf I took it for granted that it was a she, and I never really checked. Which was bad. As the girl or pet shop probably wouldn't really know and can often get it wrong. So having actually checked (raging with myself that I never did) I have a male dwarf and not a female who I renamed Alfie. This was good I came to this conclusion rather than it being brought to light at the show lol. I couldn't believe it lol. Alfie did really well and was really pleased with him. Car journey went well a little bit of chewing the bars of the show pen and then settled. Slept most of the time at the show waking up now and again. He was the only dwarf there so needless to say we won first in the class lol! And received a lovely rosette (He endeared himself to the Judge and everyone thought he was a lovely boy and prob would have won even if he wasn't the only dwarf )
Willow (Dwarf)❤️
Golden_Syrian_Hammmies is offline   Reply With Quote