View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 02:38 PM  
Drago
The Hamtologist

Default Re: Me and my Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyToons View Post
anyone know if these give enough room? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Frie...er%2BCage&th=1
That cage would be okay, but on the small side for a Syrian. It's only around 560 sq inches and a bit pricey for a cage that size. The Alaska/Barney are both excellent cages for Syrians and I've never heard a complaint about them from those who have used them. Bins and DIY cages are best for Syrians in my opinion. Syrians really do thrive when kept in cages over 1,000 sq inches and it's really difficult to find suitable storebought cages. In the end it's your choice, but that's just my two cents!

Do you happen to have a bathtub/shower in your house (or apartment/flat)? For Syrians, you can use a tub as a temporary play area. Fill it with boxes, huts, and tunnels, and hide treats all around. You may also want to lay a towel down so your ham doesn't skid all over. This would be a much better alternative to the ball as you're really not getting any stimulation out of it to be honest. Much better to allow free roaming or a safely converted tub
Drago is offline   Reply With Quote