View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 01:29 PM  
DennisJones
Hamster Pup

Default Dennis-Sama's Habitat, A work in progress.

Dennis-Sama's Habitat, a work in progress.

So, by popular demand I will show you Dennis-Sama`s habitat as I finish it off.

As described earlier I was clearing out the shed an realised I had a heap of wood propping up the wall, quickly assessed and decided " Yeah, lets make him a new home"

So, first stage was deciding which would be the base, I had a nice new board that was still cellophane wrapped from say.... 8 years ago so that would be the base. Walls next, I had some Ikea shelves (the long wooden ones) which would be high enough and were just over the depth of the base, PERFECT!

Now I didn't have enough shelves left to make the front and back walls... hmm quite a quandary I had here with some quarter circle shelves, a few short planks and some other odds and ends i thought perhaps I had overestimated my... WAIT!!!!!.... In the back of the mower sheds (yes I have many, like a hamster habitat) there were some bedding slats from a bed we got rid of years ago (also Ikea) I moved the boxes which I originally intended to clear out of the way, leaned over the mower and reached with the end of my fingers the slats that were still bound and dragged them out. I pulled off one the band that held them together and placed it along the front of the habitat. Perfect! about 4cm too long, cut those down and I can build the wall up the front.

Having jigsawed the ends off I placed some batons up the corners to brace it and nailed these planks on with that box of nails I used 5 out of 3 years ago.
It was at this point I realised it actually worked so I should take photos.

DennisJones is offline   Reply With Quote