View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 01:09 PM  
Golden_Syrian_Hammmies
Senior Hamster

Default Hamster Show advice

So we are having our first hamster show in NI for the first time in many years and I am taking Rosie my dwarf. I am really looking forward to it and am hoping to get involved. It is an hour travel and I am really worried because I have the show cage at home with me and have been putting Rosie in it for a few mins each night to get her used to it before the show. And it's going awful. She is bar chewing like mad and it's so hard to watch I put her in it for 10 mins one night then 15 and then last night 20 but it's awful, it's not like her at all and Im beginning to get worried about her being in it all day as it will be a long day for us. I don't want her to damage her teeth either. I don't want to be worrying all day about her at the show and won't enjoy the day and I don't want her to freak out completely and her amazing wee confident character and temperament ruined. I feel so cruel to her I'm beginning to think I can't take her as it would upset me to see her be so agitated. I know the Syrians chew a bit and then sleep but Rosie I feel won't do this any time soon, what should I do? I'm feeling quite anxious now about it
Willow (Dwarf)❤️
Golden_Syrian_Hammmies is offline   Reply With Quote