View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 09:11 AM  
chesca_27
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Larry-Jasper's thread

I think I've finalised my design idea and materials. I will share it, but I don't really want anyone to copy it and make it into a YouTube tutorial or something because it's my idea that I'm using for my channel. It is kind of in note form as I typed it quickly on my phone. The bottom part has my materials list. Hopefully I can start sourcing everything in a couple weeks time, starting with the Kallax unit.

Kallax current idea
Put a Plexiglass back on one Kallax square. Leave the sides intact (no adjustments). For the front, use 2/3 plexiglass at the bottom with a 1/3 mesh door at top for cleaning access. Door will be lockable to prevent escaping. Mesh will provide adequate ventilation. Leaves around 20-25cm for bedding. There will be a hole drilled through the Billy unit and the top of the Kallax unit to connect them. A tunnel or bendy bridge with provide access between them for Larry-Jasper.

1 4 cube Kallax unit
2 sheets of Plexiglass, measuring approximately 33cm by 33cm and 33cm by 22cm
1cm square mesh (33cm by 11cm)
Billy cage
Screws, washers and nails
Cuprinol Garden Shades white paint
Drill with circular drill attachment
Tunnel or bendy bridge
Wooden beams (for door)

Does this sound doable and would it be ok for Larry-Jasper?