View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 09:05 AM  
chesca_27
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Hamster plans for the future

For anyone interested, I still have my heart set on getting a Chinese. I'm really hoping to convince my Dad that we can care for another hamster by the time I can go to the next show (Andover) as I will probably pick off the sales table. I'm hoping to get a Kallax unit soon to modify into an extension for Jasper, but I could probably use the remaining three cubes as another cage for a different hamster (see Larry-Jasper's thread for more details on my ideas). That would be enough space and if the hamster is nervous, I can start with two cubes and add from there.

I'm thinking I'd give a Chinese hamster Burgess Dwarf rather than my homemade mix because of the diabetes risk. I know my mix is good for Jasper, but I don't want to test it on a hamster that has dietary restrictions.

Is there much difference between caring for a Winter White and a Chinese? Apart from the diabetes risk.

Thanks