View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 04:25 PM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Diabetes Friendly US Dog Biscuits and Crunchy Treats(From Chewy)

I needed something to occupy my brain anyways,luckily this just happens to be a fairly easy project compared to if I were to for example compile a list of every single treat from Chewy for dogs that would be diabetes friendly or even worse safe without excluding the treats that aren't diabetes friendly.

Dog treats which are dog friendly would be either grain free or free of grains which usually would be problematic(at least,with allergens in mind).The ones that are dog friendly with caution would as mentioned potentially contain ingredients that some dogs can't handle,for example oatmeal and brown rice.

I can't say I'm entirely sure on how certain ingredients such as barley,brown rice,oatmeal,etc would work with cancer,but it certainly doesn't hurt to try out grain free treats or those with grains which aren't generally problematic.

There are definitely plenty grain free and generally non-problematic grain choices from Chewy,as long as you're taking the usual cautions as you always should(for example no rawhide,nothing from China or that is irradiated,nothing that doesn't specify a country of origin,no cooked bones,etc).
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote