View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 11:48 AM  
Vectis Hamstery

Default Re: 30 Days of April

Today was supposed to be a nice straight-forward trip to the vet for the three hammies I'm taking to Houten. They needed to have a vet certificate to say they're OK to go to the show. Two were fine. They had their examination and the form was signed.

One I had noticed a lump on her when I checked her myself today - I took her so the vet could check it too. He managed to aspirate some pus so gave her a brief anaesthetic to drain it properly. Here she is settling into her hospital bin cage.
Queenie by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr

I was thinking of what to name the two Syrian girls as I drive over to the vet; in the UK new owners name their own hamsters, but European breeders name pups and usually ask that I name the ones they have from me. I took her in a carrier which I'd labelled 'King' when Kingston had travelled in it earlier in the year and the vet commented that Queen would be more appropriate, so she's now Queenie! I therefore named her sister (who was passed fit to travel) Nursie. Guess who's been watching Blackadder recently

I bought a set of clip-on lenses for my mobile today. I want to do some filming of Rogue doing parkour exercises tomorrow and needed a wide angle lens. Not only did I get the wide angle one but it came with a fish eye and macro lens. I had a bit of a play and was rather pleased with this try:
Nosey! by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr

And a little bonus pic. I know no-one likes baby duprasi so just scroll past
Dooptastic by Vectis Hamstery, on Flickr