Thread: Little Spock
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 03:00 PM  
Katty_Sheldon
Winter White Addict

Default Re: Little Spock

So Spock is now a little bigger, finally growing up. In the middle of month ill get a scale to be able to measure him regularly and monitor any weight gain or loss. Im a little panicky about that after Sheldon lost so much weight and i still wasnt sure even when my eyes told me its true.
Anyway, today was a special occasion, he peed on me. I think it was a late revenge for me trying to cut his nails earlier this day. They are long and moon shaped, but he doesnt want to stay still in hand. No way. No way even when distracting him with food, it simply doesnt work.
I decided to monitor his feet and to take him to the vet to try to cut his nails if anything seems wrong with them. Otherwise i will just leave him alone. He doesnt seem to mind. Maybe in a month when the weather gets really good enough i can take him anyway for a check up, i dont want to stress him now when he is not yet fully tamed and the weather is rainy. Nails will just have to wait.

I used to panic a lot about nails with Sheldon but then i saw a few hamsters of a breeder here and i realized i was exaggerating, they can have a little long nails without problem. Its just me.

Anyway Spock is not so scared of being picked up anymore! I usually manage to do it without him chasing around like crazy. He even stays still for two seconds before trying to squirm his way out. Handling him in a bathtub is the best idea ever. He loves exploring and he cant get away... or fall... i love it. We do it almost every day.

RIP Spock
RIP Sheldon
Katty_Sheldon is offline   Reply With Quote