View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 10:03 PM  
September
Hamster Addict

Default Re: Feeding a Hybrid in the US

If I'm being honest, I've never thought about portion control for a hamster before--I just filled the bowl when it was empty! If you did portion out a hamsters food, I'm thinking it would be something like a tablespoon/day?

I've actually already looked into the Chicken Soup chicken flavored treats on Chewy.com, and since I have a dog, it wouldn't be hard to get the free shipping for $50 (basically, one bag of his food does that itself lol)

On the subject of dog treats, would soft grain free training treats ever be good for a hamster? My dog has a grain allergy, so those are the only sorts of treats I buy for him. Barring the ingredients you listed above, would there be any reason a hamster couldn't have one of those occasionally?

I also saw a wooden dog chew at the pet store on my most recent visit. While I wouldn't give it to my dog (wood? for a dog?) I thought it might be good for a hamster. It's 100% wood, but doesn't say what kind of wood, and says on the back it is non edible, and not intended for consumption, however I assume it's referring only to consumption-by-dog. Thoughts?

If you do make that list, I'd love to see it!!