View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 01:35 AM  
chesca_27
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Larry-Jasper's thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffagrams View Post
I've just ordered two more of the Trixie wheels for the Chinese. Matthew has had his for a couple of weeks and he seems to like it so I thought that James and Victoria might like one as well. I know they're not quite as well recommended as the Silent Runners but my hams seem to approve of them.

The other toy that they sell that is popular with my hamsters is this climbing tower but I'm not sure how a Winter White would get on with one: Climbing Frame for Hamsters from Natural Wood | Top deals on small pet accessories at zooplus
Good to know that Matthew approves . I'm buying the Trixie because Jasper has never really got the hang of stopping in his Comfort Wheel. The tower looks old - I would take the bells off though. It might be a bit big to be in a full-time cage, but would be great for play pen time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
Looks like a good list chesca, it's a shame that ordering from Rodipet is so expensive before you even actually buy anything but you can still get some great presents for LJ
I would skip the dokas chicken, both myself & Fluffagrams have had problems with it going mouldy, stick to the Tigeria chicken & maybe try the duck too, it is higher in fat but my hams love it!
Nibble ears are good too, it's out of stock right now but may be back in by the time you do your order if you fancy giving that a go.
The JR farms millet set is a bit pricey but another treat worth a try, there really is a lot there & it would last LJ ages, they look great in the cage too, just a little bit of one or two at a time.

My Russians have used that climbing frame Fluffagrams linked to & could use it with no problems, the bells really seemed to annoy them though so I took them off!

It's hard to know what else to suggest for the ham that (probably) has everything
Ok thanks for the tip with the Dokas chicken - saved myself a few pounds. The treats do look good, but I find £7 a little excessive. I'll give it a few days and see if the other treats come into stock. I would take the bells off too because I imagine it would freak Larry-Jasper out a little bit. He certainly does have everything ! He's my pampered little prince.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsterita View Post
I have bought several things from zooplus but they were all for my syrian and I don't know if a russian would enjoy them. The millet set that cypher suggested looks awesome, It was in my wishlist but as she pointed out is a little bit pricey (and that's the only reason why it is not in my home already)
Ok thanks .