View Single Post
Old 04-09-2017, 12:45 PM  
DrropS
Newborn Pup

Default Re: My hamster is really hyper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago View Post
Although it's over the minimum cage size, your hamster may need more space as an individual. Syrians really thrive in cages that are over 1,000 sq in so if you can provide a larger cage, it would really be super beneficial! How deep is the bedding in your cage and how old is your hamster? Adding more bedding sometimes helps give them things to do. If you have a young hamster, they'll often chew and attempt to escape no matter how large their cages are! Once they get a bit older though they tend to settle down quite a bit. If adding bedding doesn't help any, I would invest in a larger cage and lots of toys and tunnels to fill it with to keep her entertained
Unfotunately my room is not wider, the max lenght the cage can be is 100cm. After that I cannot open my door anymore :/ the cage is already 100cm x 60cm. I can try to find some kind of solution to make it wider instead of the lenght and substrate she has about 10-15 cm

But she is also only about 5 months old, she is young so I still can hope she will calm down when she gets little bit older
DrropS is offline   Reply With Quote