View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 11:36 PM  
AprilPearl
Hamster Hugger

Default Re: Is he long haired

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmityvilleHams View Post
It's more of an undeserved stereotype than anything else Every hamster has their own personality regardless of where they come from.Some pet shop hamsters are extremely tame,others aren't,and the same applies to hamsters from anywhere else.

I think there's a lot of misleading information out there from many sources.So many people are opposed to anything but adoption(which in reality can be a flawed concept and doesn't always work out to be so ethical,but that is a separate issue),but there is not one perfect way to get a pet.

Just keep in mind that a bad beginning for an animal does not define their future.They're adaptable and can always grow even if not physically We see this quite often with many animals,for example with dogs in the case of a lot of unfortunate dogs used in dog fighting who can turn out the ideal family dog!
That sounds right. My brother and I once adopteda poor little hamster who had permanently splayed hind legs due to poor treatment. You’d have expected him to be a bundle of nerves around people, but he was so trusting and tame despite everything he had been through.
AprilPearl is offline   Reply With Quote