View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 12:24 AM  
Goldie Flower
Hamster Pup

Default Re: blood in bedding! help

I'm so sorry to hear that Jozie isn't completely better yet. I'm not sure if wet tail can pass to humans or not but I know someone else here will have the answer to that part for you!

Can you see solid waste in her cage? If there's solid waste then having wet tail doesn't seem too likely, personally I'd treat her as though she has until I was completely certain. Make sure you and anyone else that handles her is washing hands thoroughly before and after handling her (I know that's really obvious but it still seems worth mentioning), if Jozie is still on any 'wet' food like fruit or high water content veg (like cucumber) I'd take her off it immediately and feed her only 'dry' food like her regular food mix. Keep an eye out for wet droppings and keep an eye on her until you can see the vet again.

I'd possibly try and see if there's a different vet you could see faster than your regular one if they're really booked up. I think most, if not all, vets have an emergency service so don't hesitate to call them back if you think her life is in danger.

From the pictures I can't see any waste around her back end so I'm not sure if it's wet tail or not. It's more common in new baby animals struggling to settle in (but it can occur later in life), I've had a female ham before and she sometimes got a little 'wet' on her undercarriage when she was in heat. It could simply be this. Let us know how you get on at the vet xx
Goldie Flower is offline   Reply With Quote