Thread: help me
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2017, 04:44 PM  
Drago
The Hamtologist

Default Re: help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
as stated its really small but i brought him off someone on facebook yesterdy the bedding is about 2-3 inches but he keeps falling on the ramp and as for the food scattering hes done that lol he has stopped since the cardboard went in but i dont want to transfer him till hes used to where he is i do have some chews that hang from the ceiling but would that make him climb more hes got the hmmph with me now because of the cardboard he did escape last night as the cage isnt well secured well it is now lol

I agree with amity that it would be perfectly fine to move him as he's stressed over moving anyways so changing habitats to a more suitable one would really only benefit him! You'll also want to upgrade the bedding to at the bare minimum 5 inches (assuming he doesn't burrow) but if he's a burrower, and in his case being as antsy as he is, 8-12+ inches would really work best! I know my old hamster Chance was a rambunctious little guy, but once I added 10 inches of bedding, he made a huge tunnel system and seemed to be having the time of his life. Chews hanging could possibly make him climb more as I have found that many of my hams absolutely love to treat them like little ladders lol! If it becomes too much of an issue you may want to move them to a lower area, but otherwise I'd say it should be fine. Best wishes
Drago is offline   Reply With Quote