View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 03:09 AM  
Hamsterita
La loca de los hamsters

Smile Hamsterita's Ramblings and Photos

I've seen that other users have their own threads with photos and I find them very interesting so I wanted to share mine.

My photos aren't particularly brilliant in technique, but I think that I could make up for it with some ramblings, because I like to know about different cultures, customs and traditions, and discover new places, and maybe you too, so I'll post here different stories about the photos and that kind of things. I know sometimes it's hard to read me because English it's not my first language but I'll try my best.

The first thing that I wanted to show you was some photos of my city, but I was looking for them when I realized that I barely have any. I suppose that I'm too used to see it and I never thought of taking photos of it before.

Then, I thought that It would be fun to show you London from a tourist perspective, but when I was looking for my London pics, I found something that I didn't remember that I had.

Let me present you Nero.

Nero was my 4th hamster. I had her 8 to 9 years ago, my ex bought her to me as a Christmas gift when I broke up with him, in an attempt to get along with me again. We thought that she was a he, and that's why I put her that name, like the Devil May Cry star.

She was a cutie. Watching those photos made me realized that I miss her even more than I thought. She was very sweet, she never ever bite me, she was active during the day, wasn't afraid of humans, and she enjoyed running in her ball. She was very tamed from the beginning. Here she's giving me some whiskers kisses.

I know that she looks a little bit afraid in the pic. If I remember well that was the first time I handle her. Obviously I had no idea of proper handling. Probably she was in a total unsuitable cage (well, maybe 8 years ago wasn't so small for those years standards) but I thought that I was giving her a good life. She lived for little bit longer than 1 year. I don't know how old she was when I got her. I even found several videos of her. I didn't remember that I gave her something to eat that wasn't her mix, but I apparently did (probably something unsuitable too).

Direct link https://youtu.be/NddXtwtY0nw

I'm glad that I'm learning a lot about hams and hamster care and I'm sorry that I couldn't give her the life that she deserved. I would lie If I said that I dind't think that she would have enjoyed the life that I'm giving to Blacky now, more than he does. Rest in peace my little furry baby.

I hope you enjoyed this first post.