View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 02:18 PM  
chesca_27
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Larry-Jasper's thread

As usual, I am incredibly late in replying lol. One day, I will master the art of replying .

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
I never had any problems with the metal playpens, maybe a different make to the guinea pig ones? They can only escape if you put something handy for them to climb on close to the edge but if you prefer the wooden one go with that.
Yes, kiln dried pine is the best thing to use for making shelves or levels.
Serendipity's holiday cage definitely wasn't the Mickey, that was the cage she had before the Barney.
Thank you! I don't actually need a playpen anymore as I have found a way to keep the base from the piggies old 100cm travel cage, which is tall enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Lizzy View Post
Sounds like Larry-Jasper is going to be well & truly spoilt for his first birthday and deservedly so.
Hep, he's one spoiled ham!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffagrams View Post
Happy Birthday Larry-Jasper, it's amazing how time flies. It certainly sounds like he's going to be well and truly spoilt.

Sooty used to have a metal playpen and for what my sister paid for it, it did the job just fine. I don't even think she tried to climb out of it but as Cypher said, if you prefer the wooden one then go with what you prefer.

I've got two of the Pets at Home Large Wire Cages and have really noticed a difference in the quality of the build compared to Jessie's Hamster Heaven. I've still got Victoria in one and although she's happy in it, I find that the cage top has to be aligned in just the right position or else they just don't attach properly.

Are you looking for a wire cage?
Lol thanks. Bit early for birthday wishes, but better early than never . Thankfully, I don't need to purchase another playpen now as I have found a way to use the old plastic tray from a cage. I have a friend who has the Hamster Heaven and it is such good quality! No matter what I do, my Pets At Home large wire cage never clips properly. Luckily, Larry-Jasper isn't interested in escaping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Lizzy View Post
Fluffagrams, you're over a month early with the birthday wishes, Larry-Jasper turns one on 27th April.
Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisPasha View Post
It's hard to stick with a budget when there is always so much nice stuff to buy especially when he's such a cute boy. Tell you're Dad that LJ will only be 1 once so it's important to spoil him

I actually ordered the savic plaza over the weekend for Boris after much indecision (both the Barney's I ordered arrived broken. I think I'm unlucky with cages lol) between the plaza and the ferplast criceti 100. The ferplast one was a bit too wide to fit on the unit so the savic it was. It should arrive tomorrow so I'm looking forward to seeing what Boris thinks about it
Thanks for the tip ! Lucky Boris! I would (almost) kill for a Plaza. It's a really beautiful cage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffagrams View Post
Ooops silly me, now I've re-read Chesca's message I see it now. That's what I get for reading things too fast when I'm still half asleep.

I'll remember that date (Henry, my sister's Syrian shares the same birthday) and be back with an appropriately timed birthday greeting on the day.
Lol Fluffagrams! . Nice to know Jasper has a birthday twin and I will leave an appropriately timed birthday greeting on Henry's thread .