View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 01:18 PM  
carxlinexc

Question My hamster is really hyper

hello everyone!!! i am new to the communuty and have read lots of different forums but became a member today.

i got my white russian hamster (Mozzie) on march the 24 and he was really easy to tame and its only been 2 weeks and he lets me pet him and pick him up but not hold him. i let him run in his ball all around my room for atleast an hour a day so he can be used to my room and being out of his cage, and will take him out to play with him in a closed area for about 10 minutes a day. i love hanging out with him but he is very crazy and will not calm down. i know hamsters are naturally hyper and can't just sit still but he wont even walk around my arms and hands as soon as i pick him up he jumps out, but will let me pet him and stay semi calm in one spot for like 5 minutes sometimes.

every time before i try to pick him up and play with him i will let him run in his ball for about 30 minutes to run some of the energy off but he still is crazy when i try to hold him. i know its possible for them to be calm because our other hamster will let us pick him up and will just walk around your arms and not escape and we have had him for less time. i know it could just be his behaviour but i was wondering if anyone had any tricks for this.

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!
carxlinexc is offline   Reply With Quote