View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 01:48 AM  
Hamsterita
La loca de los hamsters

Default Re: Is this cage suitable? Best way to mesh it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmityvilleHams View Post
I wouldn't say that.It meets human standards,but there are plenty hamsters who would certainly not be happy in such a cage,so it can't be considered "more than enough" in so many cases.Honestly if it were any other species I'd find it suitable,but with Syrians it isn't that good.
I don't want to argue with you. She's asking if she could use it and I really think that she could.

You always jump to discourage other people's cages, and for you they never seem enough. I agree with you that USUALLY (not always) the bigger the better, but that doesn't mean that a syrian hamster couldn't leave happy in a 120x60 cm cage. Actually, I've been in this forum for more than 6 months, and that's not a long long time, but it's not short either, and in all this time I could count with the fingers of one hand the hams that had problems with a cage of those measurements. And to be honest, I think that it's not fair that you're always doing this when someone asks for cage advice, because as far as I know (maybe I'm wrong, if so I'm sorry) your syrian cage is even smaller.

I know that you mean well, but what's really important is to try to provide them the best we can, and I don't think that a 120x60 it's bad to begin with. Time will tell if she needs more or not, and as long as she's willing to try to improve if needed, yes, I think that's enough.

And finally, think that with that kind of behaviour you're probably discouraging potentially good caring owners from getting a ham, that could end up in a not so concerned home with a REALLY small cage like the ones that usually are sold in pet stores.

Maybe I'm wrong, my opinion it isn't better that others, but to resume, I'll give it a try.