Thread: Baby Dakota
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2017, 05:49 AM  
Cinnamon Bear
Banned

Default Re: Baby Dakota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Lizzy View Post
Hamsters are known to be most active at night, during the day they like to save their energy by sleeping, eating & drinking.
She bit me in the middle of the night. So it's either cage agressive or she's a bitey hamster. I know I was a foreign invader in her home & she felt the need to protect her home.

I might not tame them at all. Easier just to spoil them with attention & healthy treats like millet, is what I gave them last night. They should trust me by now but I think it's in their genetic make up to bite. I believe this this to be true right from birth. Since Dakota wasn't from a pet shop the whole litter was aggressive.

I know not everyone agrees with me. Lilyanna has a chance to be tamed but Dakota is friendly as long as I don't get too close. No use banging my head against the wall trying to tame them, when it may not make any difference. I guess that it doesn't bother me if they are tame or not...

Edit: Chloe is a biter & no matter what I did it didn't work. So that's why I'm not going to take the taming process faster. The biggest problem is that I'm 1/2 asleep when trying to tame them at 2:00am. So it is what it is.

Last edited by Cinnamon Bear; 04-02-2017 at 06:17 AM.
Cinnamon Bear is offline   Reply With Quote