View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 03:03 PM  
Gemma_xo
Senior Hamster

Send a message via Skype™ to Gemma_xo
Default Re: Bottled water or tap water?

I've been arguing this with myself for a little while now too.

I give my two tap water, but I change it every other day (but with that, they have the 75ml bottles, so I tend not to fill it all the way to the top because it's frequently changed, and because it's the smallest bottle I don't have much of an issue refilling it), currently Pixie's is being changed twice a day, she's on Baytril where I have to change her water twice a day, but that's a minor issue.

Pixie and Tinkerbell both drink plenty water, but the way I see it is I use a filter jug so should I be using that for them too? I drink tap water also because I'm too lazy to get the jug out of the fridge half the time and it's not done me any harm so I assumed it wont do them any harm, but I still can't help but think would filter be better?

The last I knew (well because I dropped an old filter whilst changing it) the filter jug "insides" was just charcoal to make it as "naturally" filtered as possible? I'm 100% sure there's other chemicals and whatnot in there, but I mainly saw a charcoal looking substance when it hit my floor and broke open (no idea how, either my floor was having a really hard day or the filter hit it at such an angle it stood no chance because from what I've seen of mine (not Brita) they're tough to get into!), so again, my question is- would it harm them having filtered? Only issue I have there is that my jug lives in the fridge, I don't want to be giving my girlies cold cold water when the tap water is never anywhere near as cold.