View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 01:12 PM  
christie_richards
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Syrian Hamster - Help!!??

Hi all

Thanks for your replies. I have tried doing what you are saying and trying to make him get up. I have tried to tempt him out with treats, once he is out I have managed to get him to handle and he will run on us but the problem is because I have just woken him up he pees on us!! Plus his pee STINKS!

I read to wake him and leave him to wake up properly and pee etc before picking him up but the problem is he takes the treat and goes straight back into his house never to be seen again.

I would like to think he is just being lazy however he jumps at everything we do, even just opening the cage he jumps out of his skin (when we can see him.) Or if we move too quickly or even touch him sometimes he is soo skittish.

I am so worried he just hates us I hope that it will change in time.

Any other advice? I will try the tissue trick next time I clean him out. Is he maybe too close to the tv? I would say he is about 6 feet away from the TV and we don't ever watch things too loudly, I also was worried he doesn't like the light so I have started to put a tea towel on his cage so he isn't so stressed.

Thanks in advance. I am not sure if I am able to post pics on here but would it help if I uploaded a picture of his cage and where it is? Or maybe he is just a very stressy hammy!! Poor Pippin
christie_richards is offline   Reply With Quote