View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 12:11 PM  
julie020
Hamster Pup

Default Re: My Chinese dwarf hamster has a red lump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
I'm so sorry Julie, if you think he may still recover then I would go back to the vet for more meds, if he's eating the egg biscuit it may be what he needs right now as his sugar levels could be low if he isn't eating normally so some symptoms could be due to the diabetes getting out of control, the diarrhoea could be from the meds as much as the veg & some probiotics may help with that, & evening primrose & flax could help with his hair loss.
I'm sorry if all that has come to late & it may be his time to go to the bridge now, I know how hard this must be & feel so much for you.
Thanks cypher....I couldn't do it...and I'm glad I didn't. Poor baby he's going to die naturally. I decided that he will be less stressed dying in his own bed. Just like my husband did (cancer) he wanted to die at home and died peacefully in my arms. But it was painful to watch just like pip! Pips had a stroke...he's breathing hard and fast and is wobbly. But he's trying to eat and I've placed his cucumber and shallow dish of water by his bed.

I am not going to kill him because he's old..I would if he were young and savagely injured..or had terrible illness. I may be wrong..but he's just old..I'm making him as comfortable as I can. He's warm...he's home..he's eating..he's dying. I'm not sure he'll make the night...but he's not stressed...just pottering around his home...

Just feeling upset a bit....
julie020 is offline   Reply With Quote