View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 02:22 PM  
Golden_Syrian_Hammmies
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Syrian Hamster - Help!!??

Hi Christie, you are not alone as I also had this same problem with fudge. I don't know if it was laziness or being scared. I think the cat scared him a few times. Even still he doesn't come out properly til I put the lights out and he is in my room. All hammy personalities are different some are more reclusive than others. What I do is I try to get him into a routine of giving food out in the evening/treats and encouraging him out. He is more a morning ham and comes out periodically during the day/early evening but would quickly go backup his nest. Time and patience and talking and getting them used to you and what I do is I keep lifting them out when they come out and seize that opportunity and give them treats etc. Fudge isn't as bad now but still prefers to be in his nest majority of the time and come out later properly to go on his wheel. He just doesn't like to perform in public! It is hard especially when we want to have more interaction but you get to know them and their wee ways and can adapt accordingly.
Willow (Dwarf)❤️
Golden_Syrian_Hammmies is offline   Reply With Quote