View Single Post
Old 03-23-2017, 07:09 AM  
Munchalot
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Experience with this cage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmityvilleHams View Post
Flying saucers are not good wheels Upright wheels are the most appropriate and actually allow for a natural running pattern,whereas flying saucers do not and will cause side arching.Just something to keep in mind

If you could get a bulk discount on Silent Runners it would be wonderful,and you'd likely be the only person to ever carry them in store so you'd have a unique choice too!They're superior to any other wheel on the market,being the safest wheel and being extremely durable along with all the other benefits.Try and encourage the splurge on a good wheel but maybe give ideas for saving on other supplies,like DIY toys and such which are cheaper while if you go cheap on a wheel it really doesn't do much good if any Maybe also mention that there's no guarantee a young hamster will stay small so they'd end up spending twice as much trying to get a bigger wheel once the hamster outgrows the smaller wheel,as that can be extremely helpful,or make sure the customer is aware that certain more expensive wheels(the Silent Spinner definitely not being one that is worth the money)can be extremely good quality,last longer,and are more quiet if not silent in some cases(very rare,the Silent Runner being the only one that stays silent).
Yeah I'm not really a fan of the Flying Saucers. I've known the odd small ham who will ONLY run on a saucer, but generally I'm not all that struck on them. A curved back is bad news no matter which way it's bending.

We do get a few customers who are willing to buy Spinners, though it's not common. They're one of the best wheel I've used, and I've tried them all! I detest the bloody Wodent Wheel, mine is currently flung on the garden in the rain lol!
We don't deal with Karlie unfortunately (wholesaler don't stock their products, and we can't deal with them direct) so those wheels are out of the picture.

I'm not sure where Silent Runners come from.. I'll look into it! That might be worth a go!

Worry not, I always push people to get the biggest wheel possible. Our hammies are proper chunkers as they come from pedigree lines, so if people want one they have to get everything super size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
It does sound like a frustrating system Munchalot. I guess the only way round it would be to have a big storage room and buy them in bulk but I can see that might not be economical either as it could take a long time to sell them all. I think one of the problems is the good cages are mostly made in Belgium and Germany.

How about the Little Friends Grosvenor rat and Hamster? Could you get that from a wholesaler? Or Zoozones? I've seen pet shops with Zoozones in. Our pet shop told me "it's for a guinea pig not a hamster"
Yeah if only they didn't come from Europe!
If wehad the space it would be great, but most of our storage space is taken up with big sacks of dog food and bird seed. We can squish in a few cages, but a bulk order would be difficult to place. :/

Oh!! I totally forgot to mention that we keep both the Zoozone 1 and 2!
We never, ever sell them for anything other than hamsters and mice, and we do get the odd one sold. The annoying thing is that few people can be bothered to do the meshing. :/
But we do keep them here for those who want to put the effort in.