View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 04:08 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Sprouts three ways!

Definitely FelicityAnn, it's like giving the hams a little garden
You may want to monitor how much they eat at first some go a bit mad & other may ignore it the first few times, I just give mine the saucer in the evening, leave overnight & if there's anything much left put it back into the light & give it back next evening, there's not usually a lot left as they enjoy digging in it as much as eating it!

ETA I should probably mention here that if you use herbs or medicinal plants (things like dandelion) then you do only want them to have a little nibble & not leave lots in the cage, mostly with aromatic herbs they won't eat much anyway but should still be monitored.
I have a pot of dandelions growing on my windowsill (& daisies, chickweed, plantain... a weed filled sill, I'm a bit mad lol!) but only give them a leaf now & then with their veg, I wouldn't put the plant in the cage, if I put dandelion in a mixture in the little pots or saucers I just add a few seeds & the actual plant will still be tiny when they get it so they won't have too much.
❤️

Last edited by cypher; 03-17-2017 at 04:38 AM.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote