Thread: Scared Hamster
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 04:28 PM  
qekkon
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Scared Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
It sounds as though he did have quite a scare so I would let him settle for a couple of days before trying to get him out or move him to his new cage after that as the move, even a good move, is stressful for them.
Set backs like this do happen sometimes but he'll come round with a little time.
When you get him out again use a cardboard tube (with your hand over one end to block it) a large mug, box or anything he's happy to climb into to transport him & only have him out for out of cage time in a safe area, play pen, bath tub etc where you know he can't escape so neither of you need to get stressed like that again!
Thanks for the tips! I will do as you said next time. I think though, he jumped off my arms because he was trying to escape, it wasn't the first time where he was looking around furiously to get away from that cage, maybe he thought it was a good opportunity and jumped off

Although, he seems more happy today! Yesterday I let him rest in his old cage, while today my mother's partner without making a sound while he was sleeping put his hideout in the new cage, and when he came out of his house, he looked really happy! He was running everywhere but this time not trough the walls but trough the toys and he looked even really happy to have a sandbox, he spent literally around twenty minutes in trowing sand on his face and digging ahah, and his spine looks way less curved with the new wheel, whose don't even have that thing inside that was bothering him at first. (The first wheel was around 13cm wide, while this new is around 20cm wide!)
qekkon is offline   Reply With Quote