View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 02:30 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Bin Cage for a Syrian

That back left corner looks just the place for a wheel Looks much better. She might be a bit peeved at changes happening but I'm sure she'll adjust soon. I usually tear the toilet paper into strips and put a big mound of it in somewhere in the cage. They like pouching the strips and taking them to the nest. But if she likes pulling it off the actual toilet roll that sounds good too Or maybe do a bit of both? I tear each sheet lengthways into about 5 or 6 strips, and do that with maybe 6 or 8 sheets, then put the mound somewhere in the cage and watch it gradually go down.

If you've got a shoebox, some kind of hide under the shelf might go down well as well. You can make a shoebox into a kind of house. Nice that she is burrowing down.

I think I would still take the runged ladder out - it does look quite safe where it is but they have problems walking on them and it can't be very nice falling through the gaps each time lol. Or instead of removing it, some people stick a piece of wood on the back so it's a solid ladder with rungs. Bendy bridges are always good.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote