View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 04:23 PM  
Jennie F
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Wierd smelling trixie wheel

I am so confused where this smell is coming from. Its definately not a new plastic smell ( I like that smell). I have rinsed the wheel and sprayed with disinfectantant then rinsed again . Ive then let the wheel dry and tested it by spinning it at the speed she runs at and got no smell ( previously when i spun the wheel the smell would be quite strong) Ive just put it back in the playden and she has jumped right on it, still rubbing her sides on it and then I got another whiff of that smell again. Ive put her back in the cage but when I sniff the wheel it doesnt smell, but the ball does after i put her in to carry to the cage. Could it possibly have something to do with her rubbing against stuff, maybe scenting all of a sudden? She also rubbed against a carboard box in there but i havent sniffed that yet haha. I feel like I'm going nuts trying to figure out what it is. She has been in the ball while ive washed the wheel and it didnt smell of anything after she got out. And she has been out for a little play on my lap as well and my hands dont smell. So so confused....

Ive had the wheel since the end of feb/first few days of march but she didnt start using it until last Thursday. There are no other red things in the playpen or cage

Last edited by Jennie F; 03-08-2017 at 04:29 PM.
Jennie F is offline   Reply With Quote