View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 08:00 PM  
PumpKinSpiceLatte
Hamster Pup

Post Milly Update: Licking, Biting And Nail Help Please?

I've had Milly for about 1 1/2 months now and she's pretty good heath wise, except for her nails (I'll get to that in a bit). I feel like I haven't fully tamed Milly because she's been biting and licking my fingers (which is super weird.) And her nails have gotten super long, I want to learn myself because it's something useful to have learned. I have a vet that does surgery on hamsters and when I took her there my good friend could only get the front done because of how crazy she was getting. I hope this won't be a difficult thing to resolve.

I know the licking isn't to show me she's dehydrated or something like that, I make sure her water bottle works each time it's refilled. And I don't know where the biting came from, usually it would be a painless nibble, but in the past it was a a lot harder. Also, her nails, Can someone please help me w/ this? It's very strange and it's not a good habit for her.

EDIT: I have 2 cats that like to watch her while she's awake and like to jump on the top and watch through the mesh could this contribute to this aswell?