View Single Post
Old 02-28-2017, 08:01 AM  
Hekomi
Strong Brew Hamstery

Default Re: The M17s have arrived!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago View Post
That sounds like a frustrating predicament! It's terribly sad how few breeders there are in NA, the only I've really heard much of outside of you guys is Zika Hamstery which is right near me. The UK is lucky to have so many breeders so readily available, in fact I think I know twice as many UK breeders as I do breeders from my own country! Not too familiar with the white belly gene, but I've heard it being discussed on other forums before, thank you for explaining it more
It is. While I'm lucky that Holmden Hill is close-ish to me (about a five hour drive I think), I'm otherwise about the only established breeder here in Canada. The owners of Zika Hamstery are great friends of mine actually, and they work with us. I'll be meeting them in person for the first time in a few months when we all meet up.

I am definitely jealous of the UK! I'm working on an Ontario Hamster Club here in my area to try to get like minded folks together. We have about 60 people, though breeder wise it's only me, and a few other people who are just starting up. I'm helping out best I can. I'm also slowly getting judge trained, but it's hard when you can't actually go to shows and get hands-on practice.

Feel free to ask more - I love talking genetics. I actually learned so much from this forum. It helped immensely, and the folks here were very supportive of me when I decided I wanted to breed.

Hekomi is offline   Reply With Quote